Château de Montmirail MONTMIRAIL
Château de Montmirail
Built in the 16th century, this château was purchased in 1678 by Louvois, one of Louis XIV's ministers, who had it restored in 1682.
A section of the grounds was designed by Le Nôtre, and the Sun King stayed in the château. During the 1814 campaign in north-east France, Napoleon ate there on the morning of the battle.
It has been the property of the Rochefoucauld family for the last two centuries (since 1779).
No comments for the moment.
Be the first to leave a comment.